Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chrissy to the Rescue

"Sonali, why are we at the zoo" I asked,

Sonali and I were walking around by the Llamas in the local zoo.

"Because, the zoo calms me down." She sighed.

"Sonali, sweetheart, the zoo is for field trips when your in kindergarten, NOT FOR MEDITATION." I retorted.

Sonali ignored me, she just started humming a random tune.

I rolled my eyes and searched for something to do.
"YES!" I exclaimed when I saw a radio.
I ran to it and went through the channels, searching for something that I knew.
My 7-year-old neighbor, Delilah, appeared at my side and looked at me funny
"Chrissy, what are you doing?" She asked.
"Trying to find something to do when my best friend is meditating with the monkeys."
"What does meditating mean?" Delilah's hazel eyes sparkled with wonder.
"She is trying to calm down." I explained.
"Oh..." She replied.
I turned off the radio, I couldn't find anything worth listening to.
Delilah was following me around, I couldn't stand it much longer so I turned to her and yelled "DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN STALK ME?!" I immediately regretted it, but before I could apologize, Delilah ran towards the Polar Bear exhibit.
The zookeepers had just washed the surface, but little Delilah didn't see the sign for "Wet Floor" and she fell in the freezing cold water.

"DELILAH!" I screamed an ran towards her.
"HELP! CHRISSY! HELP ME! I CAN'T SWIM!" She yelled then sunk deeper.
I jumped in.
The water was freezing and the polar bears were getting closer to little Delilah.
"DEE!" I yelled.
"HELP!" She replied.
By then a crowd had gathered around us and was gasping.
I swam closer to her, terrified for the both of us.
"AAAAAAAAAAH!" Delilah screamed when one of the Polar Bears grabbed onto her headband.
I grabbed her arm and pulled her to shore, where Sonali met us both with towels.
We both were shaking.
"D-D-D-Delilah, I'm s-s-s-so sorry." I shivered out.
"Chrissy, you saved my l-l-life, even after y-y-you yelled at m-m-me." She replied.
"So are we o-k-k-kay?" I asked.
"Y-yes" She replied and we hugged.
The crowd cheered.
Sonali smiled.
Delilah's mom ran to us and pushed me out of the way and hugged Delilah, "PUMPKIN! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!" She exclaimed.
"Yes" Delilah replied.
Delilah's mom turned to me and gave me the death stare,
"Chrissa, I'm sure MARISOL won't be too happy to hear about you swimming with the Polar Bears." She growled.

I hated her with a passion. Not just because she was a total JERK to my sisters and I, but she abused little Delilah.

"Patricia Blake?" A police officer asked, walking up to us.
"GOD, WHAT?!" She yelled.
"Your under arrest for the abuse of Delilah Blake, you have the right to remain silent." He said, putting Ms. Blake's hands in handcuffs.
"Yeah like that will ever happen." Sonali whispered to me.
"WHO DID YOU TELL?!" Ms. Blake yelled at Delilah.
Delilah ran to Sonali and hid behind her.
Then, Ms. Blake turned to me,
"And YOU, little miss Chrissa Marie-Martha Maxwell. You will never amount to ANYTHING, you will just have your annoying little attitude and you obsession over those freaks, The Beatles." She hissed.
Delilah ran out from behind Sonali and kicked her mom in the shin.
"Chrissy will be WAY MORE successful than YOU. She will be a famous artist one day." She turned to me and smiled. Then continued. "AND ANOTHER THING, THE BEATLES ROCK. Your the freak." Delilah kicked her mom again.
The police officer dragged Ms. Blake away while she yelled a few, uhm, choice words at Sonali, Delilah and I.

"What happens to me?" Delilah asked.
"I don't kn-" I was cut of by a man who looked to be about 36 and had Delilah's eyes and smiled.

It was her dad!

"Delilah?" He asked.
"Yes?" Delilah replied.
"I'm your dad." He said.
"DADDY!" She yelled and hugged him.
"I missed you" She said, but was muffled by his coat.

I wiped my tears and Sonali sniffled.
They pulled back and Delilah's dad asked, "And who are these two lovely ladies?"
Sonali and I smiled.
"Oh this is Sonali Matthews, she's going to be a famous fashion designer when she grows up." Delilah said, smiling.
Sonali blushed and said "Nice to meet you."
Delilah's dad shook her hand.
"And THIS, is Chrissy Maxwell. I'm the only one who can call her that, her real name is Chrissa, and she saved my life today." Delilah introduced me and hugged me again.
"Thank-you so much for saving my daughter." He smiled.
"She's like my little sister. It was my duty." I smiled.
"Well thank you girls, Delilah's mom left me when Delilah was a baby. I have been looking for her forever and when the police told me to come to the zoo, I was on my way." He explained.
"Oh." Sonali and I said.
"Yeah, so Delilah, do you want to go home?" He asked, his eyes were sparkling.
"I have been waiting 7 years for you to say that." Delilah smiled and ran to the car with him. "BYE CHRISSY! BYE SONALI!" She called and waved with her dad.

"Chrissa, I'm proud of you." Sonali smiled and hugged me.
"Hey, It's Chrissy." I joked and we laughed then began walking home.

<3Chrissa

3 comments:

  1. awww! That was soo nice of you!
    I'm so happy that Delilah found her dad! and I'm also happy that her mom was sent to jail! haha

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Delilah's dad found her, AND you saved her life! I like it when bad people go to jail. I find it especially amusing when they put a fight, but loose, just like Delilah's mom!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was awsome how you saved Delilahs life.
    i just wanted to tell you that i followed you guys last year and forgot about my blog so i started a new one. if you want to viset it it wont be much but still heres the web address
    Theagcentre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete