Saturday, September 25, 2010

Crunching Curiousity

"Chris, you take that area of leaves and I'll take this one." Sonali instructed. Yep, it was that time of year again,
Autumn.

I breathed and my nose was filled with the smell of Pumpkins. Probably due to the fact that Prudence and Jess were carving some Pumpkins and Marisol was teaching Cindie how to make Pumpkin bread. Yummy.

I snapped back to reality when Sonali yelled "CHRISSA! COME ON, these leaves won't rake themselves." I sighed and raked leaves. I heard the crunching of leaves and as I turned, I saw Julie and Abbey had come back from the fabric store for our costumes that Sonali is making us. Sonali smiled "Thanks girls. I'll be right back, Chrissa. I have to go put these in my room and sort them." Sonali said before going inside with Abbey and Julie. I finished raking the leaves, but Sonali still wasn't there. I heard music. I followed my ears to where the music was coming from, and that led me to my new neighbors house. The new neighbors were a nice family of about 4 dolls, the dolls were Addy, Josefina, Nellie and Samantha. I looked and saw the Nellie girl taking out the trash, she was muttering something under her breath. I hid behind the bushes and when she was walking by I heard something like "Jasmine's going to get a new doll. Blah." then Nellie shut the door. I still heard the music, it reminded me of the Glee Cast's Version of "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey. As I walked towards the back gate that led into their backyard, the music got louder and clearer. I could hear Finn singing "Just a Small Town Girl, Living in a Lonely World. She took the midnight train going anywhere." I decided that this was Prudence's lost Gleek family. I laughed a little when I thought of that. Then I noticed there was a window open. I peered inside and it was the Addy girl's room. She was holding her iPod and sitting on her bed. Her iPod was hooked up to an iHome. She said "YES!" then clicked on the 'mystery song' and my jaw dropped.

"Lady Madonna,
Children at your feet.
Wonder how you manage to make ends meet." Her iPod sang.

LADY MADONNA?
A BEATLES FAN?
LIVING NEAR US?

I. Almost. Died.

Just then, I jumped down and unleashed my inner-Marisol.
Yup, that's right. I, Chrissa Marie-Martha Maxwell, queen of the klutzes, danced.

"SEEE HOW THEY RUUUUUUUUUN!" I sang.
The iPod stopped immediately and I heard footsteps running to the window.

Speaking of 'See How They Run' because as soon as I heard her footsteps, my feet grew wings. I ran around their front lawn and back to our lawn. Sonali was just coming outside when I got back. "Hey Chrissa, you alright?" She asked, looking concerned. "Trying to be, I need water." I said then walked inside while muttering the words of "Lady Madonna."

"Feel better, Chris!" Sonali said after we got inside and I was walking to my room.
I muttered a 'thank-you' and fell into a deep sleep.

Chrissa Madonna,
Le-aves at your feet.
Wonder why you spied
on your neighbors, sheesh.

<3 Chrissa.

3 comments:

  1. ikr! I hope it doesnt happen to Julie either! She would take it harder then me since she's such a softie.

    ~Rebecca

    p.s. I love your heading pictures (I think thats what it's called). there so pretty! Your eye's look really blue in the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! and Julie says thanks too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww! Thanks!! I just LOVE your header!! Your eye's look SO BLUE!!! So pretty!!! lol

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete