Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Musical Revenge and Revolutions

"Chrissa, Chrissa, Chrissa." Hannah, the self proclaimed "Queen of AGPPA" sneered at me during Art Class.
"W-W-What?" I stuttered out, terrified of what she could say.
"Well, let's see. Your hair is messed up, your ugly, no one likes you and" She paused and took a look at my Beatles Shirt, then uttered out the unimaginable "The Beatles suck." She said, then strided away with her little Blonde clones following her.

I just stood their with my mouth wide open. Callie and Sonali walked by me on their way to exit the class, but she paused and asked, "Chris, what's wrong?"

Angry tears stung in my eyes. "Am I ugly?" I whispered.
Callie was taken aback, but said "NO! Anyone who thinks otherwise is totally blind."
I felt a little better "And my hair isn't too short?" I questioned.
"No, it's the perfect length." Callie smiled and replied.
"Who had you thinking otherwise?" Sonali asked.
"Hannah..." I sighed.
Sonali's face immediately filled with hatred.
"I'll be right back." She grumbled and stomped away.
"Did she say anything else?" Callie asked once Sonali was out of sight.
"Yeah.." I gulped, Callie was willing to flatten anyone who said anything about the Beatles being bad.
"Well what?" Callie's blue eyes filled with curiosity.
"Hannah looked at my shirt and said that The Beatles suck." I looked to Callie, but she was out of the room and rushing down the hallway.

'Oh no' I thought and rushed after her.

Sonali was just about done giving Hannah a good lesson on inner and outer beauty.
Sonali finished by saying "And Hannah, darlin', you may be pretty on the outside, but on the inside, your just as ugly as a week old orange."

I smiled just as Hannah scoffed and turned away, or at least tried to.

Sonali walked back to me just in time to see Callie and Cindie, arm in arm, walk up to Hannah and the clones and Cindie started belting out

"You say you want a revolution, well, you know...
We all want to change the world.
You tell me that's it's evolution
WELLL YOU KNOW.
We all want to change the world"

Callie took over.
"But when you talk about destruction..
Don't you know that you can
COUNT. ME. OUT"
She sang while giving Hannah and her clones a stare that said "Your crazy for not liking the Beatles."

Cindie rushed over to Sonali and I and grabbed our arms and pulled us over to Callie, who was happily singing the words of one of her favorite Beatles songs to Hannah.

"Don't you know it's gonna be?" Sonali, Cindie and I harmonized.

"ALL RIGHT." Callie added the emphasis.

"All right." Cindie sang.

"All right." Sonali and I repeated.

Jess ran down the hall and handed Callie an electric guitar and Marisol followed shortly behind her carrying an amp with the help of our friends Julie and Rebecca. Callie thanked them with a nod and plugged the guitar in and jammed out.

Molly had just come out of the bathroom to see her little cousin telling off the bullies in song. By the look on her face, she was first horrified then she smiled a bit and sang the second verse,
" You say you got a real solution.
Well, you know..
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know..
We're all doing what we can."
She did a little dance and signaled for Abbey, who had just walked out of the science lab to finish the verse. Abbey shrugged and walked up to Hannah and sang with all her little heart could take
"But when you want money for people with minds that hate,
All I can tell you is brother you have to wait."

Hannah's face was horrified, because Abbey sounded like she just called her a boy. Abbey danced around and sang
"Don't you know it's gonna be?"

"All right."
Julie and Rebecca sang

"All right.."
Marisol and Jess followed.

"All right."
Prudence echoed.

Callie then played the guitar solo and I ran into the music room and grabbed a piano and played the piano solo. Kids were dancing around and playing various instruments. Some kids were even throwing neon colored streamers around the hall, apparently a lot of people had somethings to say to Hannah.

Callie turned to our Julie and Julie's eyes lit up, probably hoping to sing.
Callie nodded and Julie ran up to Hannah and placed a hand on her shoulder and sang
"You say you'll change the constitution
Well, you know
We all want to change your head."
Julie patted Hannah on the head and turned back to us and skipped over to Sonali and signaled for her to sing the song. Sonali stepped forward and opened her mouth just in time to sing
"You tell me it's the institution
Well, You know
you better free your mind instead."
Sonali searched for one of our sisters to finish the song and she spotted Prudence and pulled little Pru to the front. Prudence looked a bit nervous but sang out
"But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain't gonna make it with anyone, anyhow."
Prudence sang proudly, Hannah had given her a hard time when she was just new to AGPPA, but now Prudence was getting revenge, along with all of us other kids.

Musical revenge.

Marisol and Jess walked to the front and calmly sang
"Don't you know it's gonna be?"

Cindie and Callie yelled
"All right?!"

Prudence and Abbey screamed
"All right!"

Molly and our Julie replied
"All right!"

Rebecca and the other Julie sang
"All right!!!"

Marisol and Jess sang
"All right!!!"

Gina and Kendall [You'll meet them in an up coming post] yelled
"All right!!!!"

Sonali and I posed and sang
"All right!"

then all of the kids in the hall [there were about 50] screamed in our most John Lennon-ish way;
"ALL RIGHT!!!!!!"

then they ended the song.

Mrs. Fredriches was walking down the hall when she saw all of us dancing, Callie on top of an amp, streamers hanging from the ceiling, and what looked like rainbow colored Sharpie marker on a bunch of lockers that spelled out the word "Revolution."
Her face turned red and she yelled "ALL OF YOU! DETENTION, NEXT TUESDAY AT 4:30" She called a janitor and then instructed all of us to get to class. While I was walking to History I could have sworn I heard the Janitor whistling "Revolution" while cleaning up.

We did, in fact, start a revolution.

That'll teach Hannah to mess with us again.

- Chrissa

3 comments:

  1. Wow, there's a few girls at my school who need to be told things like that in song!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I just loved Telling Hannah off! She's so mean! ugh. I cant believe she said those LIES to you!! Your not Ugly! Your hair is not too short! Everyone Loves you!! and The Beatles DO NOT suck!! Ugh Hannah's just Jealous of everyone that she hates on!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! It's 9pawprints from Youtube! This is Elizabeths blog! and it's starting from when she's at the factory. I saw it on someone else's blog and they did it and i liked it. So please Follow!

    ~Elizabeth (or 9pawprints lol)

    ReplyDelete