Friday, October 29, 2010

Rescuing, Falling and Toasting

The end of the day bell rang.
I grabbed my backpack from my locker and ran home.

Yes, today was the day that Annalee THOUGHT she was going to take Molly from us.
Is she?

HECK NO.

Marisol and Callie caught up with me, and there we were, running home.

Molly gets out 30 minutes early because according to the Vice Principal, Mr. Kirks, she would 'cause a disturbance'

"What if she's gone?" Marisol asked when we arrived on our street.
"She won't be" Callie panted, apparently running half a mile is hard on a hippie.
I pulled a water bottle out of my backpack, drank it, took a deep breath and opened the door.


She was gone

Callie's face fell.
"OHMYGOD!" She spazzed, immediately covering her face with her hands.
Marisol consoled her while I looked around for any sign of a note.

By then, Jess, Sonali, Cindie, Prudence, Abbey and Julie had arrived home and were either consoling Callie or fretting about Molly.

"I FOUND IT!" Cindie screamed while holding up a white piece of paper.
"READ IT NOW." Callie ordered amongst tears.

"Dear Randomly Retro Girls.

Molly is gone.
You can't do anything to stop it.

-Annalee"
Cindie read aloud.

Callie stood up "OH HECK YEAH WE CAN" She rushed up to her room and gasped loudly.
"What?" The rest of us asked.
"MARISOL, GET A CAB!" Callie yelled.
"Okay" Marisol said, running to go catch a taxi.
Callie ran downstairs,
"She's at the airport."

As soon as we were at the airport, Marisol, Prudence, and Julie ran to the first desk they could find and asked questions like
"Have you seen Molly?"
"Was she being pulled here against her will?"
"Was she okay?"

Cindie, Jess, and Abbey were searching all of the gates, and Sonali, Callie, and I were scanning the crowd, looking for our sister.

I saw a flash of purple among the crowd and said "MOLLY!"
Then I ran, shouting "MOLLY MOLLY MOLLY!"
Sonali ran back to get the rest of my sisters and Callie was shouting Molly's name with me. Molly was struggling to get out of one of her bodyguard's grasp. Annalee was talking on a cell phone and laughed evilly. I couldn't hear her laugh evilly, but I just KNEW she was evil. They entered a gate for a flight going to England and Callie and I ran into the gate when the guard wasn't looking. Marisol shouted to us "GET HER QUICK." Callie turned to me "Chrissa, we NEED to get her. I know she's usually having to look out for me, but I need to keep her safe, 'cause she's my cousin you know." Callie's sky blue eyes were getting misty, I hugged her and said "C'mon Callie, let's go save a superstar." Then we were running again. Molly turned around to tie her shoe and saw us and mouthed "HELP!" We nodded, as in saying "We are trying to!" Molly was yanked onto the plane and Callie and I sneaked on. We put on some hats and coats [which were found in the lost and found] and hid behind Molly and Annalee's seat.

"Molly, dear, I am very disappointed in you. Why are you acting so sad that you left those Retro freaks?" Annalee asked.
"ANNALEE. YOU KNOW WHAT?! YOU'RE THE FREAK. NORMAL PEOPLE WOULD NOT DO THIS TO PEOPLE THEY CARED ABOUT." Molly retorted.
"Why do you care about them? Don't you want to be famous more?" Annalee asked, completely ignoring Molly's comeback.
"BECAUSE, they are my family, and you don't leave family. Oh and to be honest, I really don't like fame anymore. I can't have any time with my family. You know what? I'm out of here." Molly said, standing up.
"OH NO YOUR NOT." Annalee grabbed Molly's arm and pulled her back to the seat. "You're my only way into the business, and I will NOT let you ruin our dream."
Molly was enraged. "OUR DREAM?! HOW ABOUT YOUR DREAM! EVER SINCE MY MOM DIED AND I GOT THE MIS-FORTUNE OF HAVING YOU AS AN ADOPTIVE MOTHER IT'S ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT 'Keeping the dream' and 'never letting the dream go' Well, you know what, I'm not letting the dream go, it's MY dream, it's MY voice, it's MY talent, and it's MY decision" Molly replied crossing her arms.
"MOLLY RENEE FRENCHES, YOU'RE GROUNDED." Annalee yelled.
"IT'S MOLLY MCINTIRE, and YOU'RE NOT MY MOTHER." Molly yelled back and got up.
Annalee grabbed her again and slapped her across the face.
Callie yelled "CHICK, DON'T YOU TOUCH MY COUSIN!" and Callie hit Annalee with a briefcase and Annalee was knocked out cold. "RUN RUN RUN!" I yelled as soon as I saw Molly's two bodyguards running after us. The three of us ran off the plane, down the platform, and into the baggage claim.
It. Was. Huge.
"Whoa" Molly gushed.
"HIDE!" Callie yelled as we all hid.
Callie was hiding by the main machine that had all of the bags and sent them to their correct flight, I was hiding behind two huge boxes and Molly was hiding under a cabinet. The bodyguards ran in and were looking for us.
"Man, where do you think they went?" The blond bodyguard asked the black haired one.
"I don't know, maybe the restaurant?" The black-haired guy suggested.
They both nodded and ran towards the restaurant.
Callie sighed "Thank heavens that was clo-" Then she fell into the baggage sorter, it was kind of like a slide.
"CALLIE!" Molly and I screamed in unison.
"THIS ISN'T FUN!" Callie yelled as she slid up an automatic belt.
Molly ran to find where the bags ended up after being on the belt and I ran next to Callie. "Callie! Stay Calm!" I advised.
"NO CHRISSA, I WON'T BE CALM, I'M ON A FREAKING BAGGAGE CLAIM BELT AND I'M SCARED!" Callie screamed back.
"AHHHHHHHHHH!" She slid down.
"I FOUND WHERE SHE ENDS UP!" Molly yelled, pointing to a huge metal box.
I ran over and we waited for Callie to come out of the belt.
"WOAH!" Callie yelled as she nearly flew into the box.
Molly and I ran to Callie,
"Are you okay?" Molly asked.
"Molly, you were nearly ABDUCTED, I'm fine. The real question is, are YOU okay?" Callie asked.
"Yeah" Molly replied.
Callie said "I WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN!"
"No." Molly said sternly.
"OHMYGOD!" Callie yelled.
"What?!" Molly and I asked.
"I FOUND A BEATLES SHIRT!" Callie yelled, holding up a purple tee shirt with The Beatles on it.
"Aren't you happy?" I asked.
"Hey, it's not fair to use sarcasm on me" Callie retorted.
"Girls, not to be a party pooper or anything, but we've got company." Molly said, pointing to the bodyguards who just spotted us and were running towards us.
"RUUUUUUUUUUN!" Callie yelled and put the shirt in her bag she was carrying.
We ran out of the baggage claim and found ourselves in the main area of the airport.
Callie found a deserted car and yelled "GET ON!"
Molly ran and hopped on, I, on the other hand, fell down flat on my face.
"OH NO!" I yelled, the blond bodyguard picked me up and yelled
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"
I kicked him in the stomach and he dropped me and fell to the ground, I ran like the wind and hopped on the car with Molly and Callie. We found Marisol and the rest of our sisters and we hopped off the cart and all ran to the taxi, but not before sharing a big group hug.



Later, at dinner time, we were all sitting around the table and Marisol had made Spaghetti and Meatballs and was just bringing it out. Before we got to eat, Marisol stood up and said, "Everyone, I think we each should say a few words."
"About what?" Prudence asked.
"Why we are happy to be a Randomly Retro Girl." Marisol replied. "We will go around the table, which means Cindie is up first and Chrissa ends it." Marisol said, then sat down.
Cindie stood up "I am happy to be a Randomly Retro Girl because it means I am closer to the people who care about me, which is you all"
Cindie smiled and Jess stood up "I'm proud to be a Randomly Retro Girl because it means I don't have to deal with my evil ex-owner and her Felicity and Elizabeth dolls"
Jess then turned to Julie who said, "I'm glad to be a part of the Randomly Retro Girls because I am with the people I love the most."
Then Marisol stood up "I'm happy that I am a Randomly Retro Girl because I get to have little sisters, which I never had before."
She turned to Abbey who stood up and said "I'm glad to be a Randomly Retro Girl because you all are such wonderful friends."
She turned to Prudence who stood up and said "I am proud to be a Randomly Retro Girl because I have a family who cares about me"
Then Molly stood up and said "I am glad to be a Randomly Retro Girl because I have people who care about me enough to save me from evil managers." She laughed and turned to Callie who said "I am glad to be a Randomly Retro Girl because I get to feel special and that I am important." She smiled and turned to Sonali who smiled and said "I am proud to be a Randomly Retro Girl because we all are just so different but alike one another, I mean, where else can you find a Hippie and an Optimist to be best friends?" She nodded to Callie and Cindie and sat down.
'My turn' I said in my head and stood up.
"I'm glad to be a Randomly Retro Girl because that mean I am part of something that is special, which makes me special." I smiled and sat down.
Marisol raised her glass of apple juice and declared "To Family"
We all cheered and clanked glasses then ate.

To Family.
<3Chrissa

2 comments:

  1. omg! Thats so cool how you went after Molly! That is just awesome!! :)

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was touching! *sniff sniff*

    ReplyDelete