Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fireworks

I looked out of the hospital window.

"What the- Fireworks?" I stared in amazement.

Low and behold, there was a huge colorful explosion shining in the January night sky.

Rita came up behind me and hugged me. Besides Charity, Pru's coma has hit her the hardest. She thinks she's our bad luck charm.

"Are you sure I'm not a bad luck sign?" She asked.
I nodded.
"If anything, you're a good luck charm." I smiled at her.
"How?" She asked, looking at me as if I were crazy.
"Because, you've brought Callie and Cindie closer, and you've helped everyone here realize that it's okay to be different." I beamed.
"But Pru...." She started.
"Will be fine. Don't worry." I re-assured.
She bit her lip, seeming like she was unsure.

She took a pause, but finally said "Okay."
"Hug?" I asked, putting my arms out.
"Hug." She smiled, then embraced me.

I looked out at all of the fireworks exploding in the sky.
There was a green and blue one, an orange and pink one, and finally, a big purple one.

Pru's favorite color.

It seemed like a sign, a sign from above that said that Prudence would get better.
I smiled into Rita's red curls and a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders.

'Every thing's going to be okay. Every thing's going to be okay. Every thing's going to be okay.' I chanted in my head.



And I meant it this time.
<3Chrissa

P.S. 50 POSTS? OHMYGOSH! THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH EVERYONE! IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU, I WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN THIS FAR! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY LOVELY COMMENTS, READERS, AND FOLLOWERS <3

3 comments:

  1. Your very welcome! I love your blog, and I hope that you get to keep on posting! Give Pru a hug for me!
    ~Felicity~

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY 50TH POST! hahaha!
    OMG! Pru WILL be okay! I keep assuring Lizzie that! lol I had a feeling she will be just fine and after readin this post i know she will! :)

    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she feels OK soon...

    ReplyDelete