Monday, January 10, 2011

While My Heart Gently Weeps

"I look at you all, see the love there that's sleeping.
While my guitar gently we-" I sang, then was cut off by Matt's abrupt entrance into the Auditorium.

We always do this, we skip Lunch and come here and talk.

"MATT!" I exclaimed, hopping off stage and giving him a big bear hug.
"Hey Maxie!" He greeted, returning the hug.

"Whatcha got there?" I asked, peering at the brown bag he held behind his back.
"Just some CHOCOLATE GOODNESS!" Matt exclaimed, showing me the Icie's Ice Cream Logo on the bag.

I laughed, then looked at him.
Did he think we were dating?

Maybe what happened on New Years was just 'in the moment?'

"Hey, guess what?" He asked, pulling out the Chocolate Shake and handing it to me.
"What?" I asked, sipping the Chocolate-y goodness.

"Your new sister, Becca asked me out." He announced.

I started coughing on the shake.

"CHRISSA!" Matt said, trying to calm me down.
"WHY DID SHE ASK YOU OUT?" I yelled-asked in between coughs.
"What do you mean?" He asked.
"You told me you LOVED ME on New Years" I stated.
"WHAT? No I didn't!" He exclaimed.

My eyes grew wide.
WHAT?
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

"WHAT?" My face got red, I stopped coughing, but I WAS MAD.
"Yeah, I didn't! I wished you a Happy New Year and hugged you" Matt clarified.

I stared at him.

"Oh.My.God." I paused in between the words, having trouble taking in all the information he was sending out.
"Chrissa, are you feeling okay?" He asked.
"NO! BECCA ASKED MY BEST FRIEND OUT! AND APPARENTLY WHAT I THOUGHT HAPPENED DIDN'T!" I yelled.
"CHRISSA! CALM DOWN!" He yelled back.
"HOW CAN I? BECCA ASKED OUT MY.BEST.FRIEND." I yelled.

He sat there, probably waiting for me to calm down.

On the other hand, I sat there fuming.

"BUT AREN'T BEST FRIENDS LIKE OFF LIMITS?" I yelled.
"DEAR GOD CHRISSA! I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO BE SUPPORTIVE!" Matt yelled, then got up and left.


I just stared at the doors, then rose up, walked on stage and finished singing a
sob-filled rendition of The Beatles' 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps.'


Matt.Never.Told.Me.He.Loved.Me.
Becca.Asked.Matt.Out.
It.Seems.Like.Matt.Said.Yes.
Matt.Still.Doesn't.Freaking.Get.That.I.Like.Him
Matt's.Mad.At.Me.
But.Still.Becca.Asked.My.Matt.Out.
BECCA.RAYNA.RUBIN.WILL.DIE.

<3Maxie

6 comments:

  1. OMG. The kid is out of his mind if he goes for Becca instead of you. I-AM-UPSET.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be rude or anything... but... HOW COULD MATT BE SO STUPID?!?! Your WAY better than any Becca!!! >:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!
    Becca is getting ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!
    She's totally Flirting with like EVERYBODYS Boyfriend! I cant believe that MATT picked her instead of YOU! Thats so CRAZY AND STUPID! I'm going to give Becca a peice of my mind and I dont care what my sister Rebecca has to say about it lol! If you want I'll give Matt a Peice of MY mind too! mhm! haha

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My God Chrissa I'm SO sorry. Matt is just a big jerk. Becca will get karma, and not good karma.

    ~ Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, Matt is a good kid, but, besides the using the Lord's name in vain, he's really cool, Becca is just a jerk, Chrissa, u need to tell matt how u feel instead of being so shy, I know it's hard, but at least he knows that you exsist, (Unlike the guys i like now.) but, if u can get on stage and perform, u can tell him how u feel. maybe on new years, he did kiss u, and he did tell u he loves u, and maybe he was shy about it, and didn't want to bring it up. what do u think?

    ReplyDelete