Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm In Trouble

Today at school, I ran to Matt's locker with the biggest smile on my face.

"I feel the same way." I beamed as soon as I reached it.
"Excuse me?" He asked.

No, no, no, no,NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

"I lov-like you too." I corrected myself mid-sentence.
"Oh......." He trailed off.
"Oh? OH? OHHHHH?" I yelled.
"Yeah, oh. Like; 'oh, Chrissa, that's great. But while you took all this time to tell me, I found someone else.'" He finished.

His accent was a smack in the face.
No, scratch that, his whole sentence was a smack in the face.

"For real?" I asked, my heart plummeted.
He took a long pause. I was about to cry.
"No." He smiled.

Sadness immediately filled with rage.
"WHAT THE HECK MATT?!" I yelled, causing people around us to stare.
"April fools?" He asked.
"IT'S NOT APRIL." I yelled.
"February Fools?" He asked, fear in his voice.

I made several noises of frustration before turning around and stomping off to Chorus.

"Hi kiddies!" Mrs. Hodge squeaked.
"Ugh." I muttered, sliding back in my seat.
"I am pleased to introduce you all to our newest member, Brett Williams! Give him a hand." She announced.
We all clapped, I even forced a smile.
The doors to the auditorium opened and we all turned our heads to the person who opened them.


The smile was fake no more.
Brett Williams was a tall kid with brown hair that was cut and he had sea green eyes.

"Welcome, Brett!" Mrs. Hodge smiled.

Callie, who was sitting next to me at the time, looked at me uneasily.
"Chrissa?" She asked me.
"What?" I asked, in a trance.
"You can't like him." She whispered.
"Why not?" I whipped my head to look at her.
"That's Rita's best friend." She looked at me.


Oh Dear..........
<3Chrissa

4 comments:

  1. Ugh... I think guys are soooo confusing:/ Maybe Matt is used to that type of humor. Brett seems nice, but I'd keep my paws off him for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG!
    hahahaha First Matt....NOW BRETT!
    And he's Rita's Best friend!
    *Gasp!* Lots of Gasping coming from me. hehehee XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the... ? I'M CONFUZLED!!! D: So, DOES Matt have someone else? Well, by the way he was asking you which excuse is fine for the month, I'm going to guess yes. D:

    ~Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I TOTALLY agree with Lian-Belle stewart.
    that is sooooo sad though

    ReplyDelete