Monday, February 14, 2011

Hey Matt

I rushed down the hallway.
It's Valentine's day, and the last person I wanted to see was Matt.

"CHRISSA!" A familiar British voice yelled my way.
I turned around automatically and saw Matt walking towards me with a big smile on his face.

"What?" I asked, focusing my eyes anywhere other than his.
"Happy Valentine's Day." He smiled, handing me a Valentine.
"Aw, thanks." I smiled.
"I didn't get you a Valentine, but, uhh.." I searched around. My eyes fell on my wrist and the bracelet that I had made last weekend.
"Here. Happy Valentine's Day." I smiled, sticking out the blue and green woven bracelet.
"Thanks Chris, this is awesome!" He smiled.
"You're welcome." I grinned, then we parted ways to get to our third period.


When lunch came, I was eating my sandwich while Callie was telling how Julie, who's in the hospital, is doing.
"They said that she's doing better, but her chance is still slim." Callie's voice cracked.
"That's tewible!" Prudence, who had recently left the hospital, exclaimed.
"All we can do is hope for her survival." Callie added then the Lunch Supervisor, Mr. Jackson, came over the P.A. system.

"Everyone, we are going to do something kind of different today, well all of this week actually." He began. A light chatter spread across the room.
"We've decided, with all of the talented kids here, that we were going to start a karaoke contest during the lunch hour." He announced.

Everyone's chatter sounded more exciting.

"We have picked a random name to go first." He smiled, picking up a piece of paper.

"And the lucky person is...... Chrissa Maxwell." He announced.

All eyes went on me.

"Oh dear." I muttered.
"Go!" Sonali cheered, and pushed me towards the stage.

I got up and walked to the stage.

"Now, we have the songs on shuffle, so if you don't know the song, then just tell us and we will shuffle it." He smiled to me, then handed me the microphone.

"And your song is.." He trailed off, pressing a million buttons.
"Hey Jude by The Beatles." He announced.

I immediately smiled. I heard a lot of people cheering. I even saw Matt whistle.


"I take it you're good with that?" He asked, motioning towards the grin on my face.
I nodded.

"Sing away." He said, then cued the music.

"Hey Jude, don't make it bad.
Take a sad song, and make it better.
Remember to let her into your heart,
then you can start to make it better." I sang, slowly walking up to the front of the stage.

"Hey Jude, don't be afraid.
You were made to go out and get her.
The minute, you let her into your skin
then you'll begin to make it better."

What I really wanted to say was 'Hey Matt,' because if he wants to make both of our lives better, he needs to let me into his life, not just as a friend.


"And anytime you feel the pain,
Hey Jude, refrain.
Don't carry the world up on your shoulder." I tapped my own shoulder.

"For well you know that it's a fool
who plays it cool,
by making his world a little colder." Callie, Prudence, Elizabeth, Nathan, Jake, Sonali and Matt came up to join me.

"Na na na na na na na na na." They all chorused.

"Hey Jude, don't let me down.
You have found her,
now go and get her.
Remember, to let her into your heart.
Then you can start to make it better." I sang.

"So let it out and let it in.
Hey Jude, begin.
You've waited for someone to perform with." I sang, thinking about the time Matt and I sang 'Marry You' by Bruno Mars.

"And don't you know that it's just you.
Hey Jude, you'll do.
The movement you need is on your shoulder." I pointed to my shoulder again.

"Hey Jude" I waved to Matt.
"Don't make it bad.
Take a sad song and make it better.
Remember, to let her under your skin,
then you'll begin to make it better." I sang, with Sonali harmonizing with me.

"Better, better, better, better, better, WOAHHHH!" My voice got higher.

We reached into the 'Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-Hey-Jude' part, and everyone got into it. Matt spun me around and Callie sang the "JUDE JUDY JUDY JUDY JUDY OWWWW"

She's a good singer.

I sang with Matt by my side.

"HEYYY JUDEEEEE!" We all chorused and we bowed. Matt's hand interlocked with my own.


When I got home, I finally opened the Valentine he gave me.

It said 'I love you, for real this time.'


<3Chrissa.

6 comments:

  1. oOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!♥♥♥!♥♥♥!

    (:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG!!!!!!!!!!
    YES! YES! YES!
    I'm so HAPPY for you! YAY! Chrissy has boo! lol I'm such a dork. but anyways, YAY FOR CHRISSA!
    Matt and you are going to be together FOREVER! derrrr. lol

    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo! Someone likes you! ;) MATT+CHRISSA+ <3333
    All the best, and thanks for the supportive comments, Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo la la, Chrissa! My dolls and I hope for the best between you and Matt!!! :D

    <3 ~Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww what does OMFG stand for? i know i sound stupid, but, oh, whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my freaking gosh/God. It could mean a lot of things, but that's the... most appropriate way to say it ;)


    <3Chrissa

    ReplyDelete