Monday, December 6, 2010

Debut

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese, Chris?"
"No."
"Pretty please with kiwi's on top?"
"Not even my favorite food will make me."
"Please, Chrissa my love?" Matt begged.

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"What?" My eyes were probably the size of baseballs-no, basketballs.
"Isn't that your nickname? I like it." He smirked.
I nodded, still dazed from that little blurb of something special.

"Please can you just WATCH me audition?" He continued begging.

I shook my head.

"Pleeeeeeeeeeease." He gave me the puppy dog eyes.
"Fine." I sighed.
"YAY!" He acted like a seven-year-old and skipped around me in a circle.
"Shuttup, Riden." I snapped.
"Make me, Maxie." He kidded.

I played along by sticking my tongue out at him.
"Hey, come on, Chrissa! We better get there before they start!" Matt advised and pulled me all the way to two big doors.

"Go get 'em, tiger." I smiled while giving his shoulders a squeeze.
"Here we go." He sighed then opened the two huge doors.

Chorus.

"CHRISSA?!" Callie, Prudence, Molly, and Elizabeth all yelled in unison.
"Oh if it isn't the English wonder, oh and look! He's here with his Artist girlfriend." The school jerk, Tyler Owens sneered, walking around Matt and me.

"Shut up, Tyler. Matt probably has more talent in his pinkie toe than you do in your whole body." I snapped.

"Oh, she's a feisty little one." Tyler sneered and flipped his blond hair to the side.
"Maybe that's why you don't have a boyfriend, Chrissa. Or is it because your so ug-"

POW.

I looked at Matt with bewilderment, he punched Tyler out.
"OH MY GOODNESS!" A cheery voice squeaked, and a brown-haired, brown-eyed teacher named Mrs. Hodge ran to us.
"What is going on?" She asked.
"Well Mrs.-" I was cut off.
"Tyler was being a total JERK FACE to Chrissa." Matt shrugged.
"CHILDREN." Mrs. Hodge said in her meanest voice.

'Detention, Detention, we're gonna get DETENTION.' My mind seemed to sing.

"Welcome to chorus." Mrs. Hodge smiled.
Matt and I exchanged a look.
"HA! You two thought I was going to kick you out or something.
Nah, I won't. Just NEVER do it again, okay?" She looked from me, to him, then back to me.
We nodded.
"Alrighty! JESSICA!" Mrs. Hodge called out to a short brunette named Jessica.
"Yes Mrs. Hodge?" She asked.
"Can you take Tyler here down to the nurse?" Mrs. Hodge asked.
"Yes-sir-ee!" Jessica smiled.

After Jessica was gone with Tyler, Mrs. Hodge got everyone settled down and turned to Matt and I.
"So what would you like to sing?" Mrs. Hodge asked.
"WAIT!" Prudence's boyfriend, Nathan, asked.
"Yes, Nathan?" Mrs. Hodge asked.
"You have to tell them to introduce themselves." Nathan said.
"Oh right! Of course!" Mrs. Hodge nodded for Matt to go first.
"Hi there, my name is Matt Riden. I'm originally from England."
Callie was about to faint.

'Back off, Callie. He's mine.' I muttered.
OH MY GOD. DID I JUST SAY THAT?!

"I like to paint, sing, play guitar, and write." Matt grinned, thankfully, he didn't hear me.
"Musical likes?" A red head named Keith asked.
"Everything from The Beatles to Bruno Mars." He winked at me.

I smiled and felt my self immediately turn red.

"Awesome! It's nice to meet you Matt." Mrs. Hodge smiled.
"And you sweetie?" She turned to me.

"Oh no, I'm not auditioning for Chorus, I'm just here to give Matt some moral support." I smiled.

"COME ON, CHRISSA!" Elizabeth called out.
"Chrissa, Chrissa, Chrissa, Chrissa, Chrissa!" Everyone chanted,.

"FINE!" I smiled.
"My name is Chrissa Maxwell, I love to paint, draw, color, sing, play piano and dance around. Even though I'm no good at it." I laughed.
Prudence and Molly looked at each other knowingly and laughed along.
"Say it, Chrissa." Callie advised from her seat.
"And I am a HUGE fan of The Beatles." I beamed.

Everyone clapped.

"Okay! Now it's time to sing!" Mrs. Hodge clasped her hands together.
I nodded for Matt to go first.
He smiled and walked to center stage.

"WAIT!" He said then ran back to me.
"What?" I asked.
"Sing with me."

Before I could argue,
(oh who are we kidding, why would I argue?)
he pulled me up to center stage right next to him.

"Sing along." He whispered then cued Cindie, the chorus' musical director, to play a CD.

The intro to Bruno Mars' "Marry You" started playing and I was about to faint.

"It's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you." Matt sang perfectly, sounding almost EXACTLY like Bruno Mars.

He nodded for me to sing, which I did.

"Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you. " I sang then he grabbed my hands and spun me around.

"Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard we can go,
No one will know,
Come on girl." He sang and shook his head like The Beatles did.

I laughed then sang;
"Who cares if we're trashed
got a pocket full of cash we can blow," I acted like I was rich.
"Shots of patron,
And it's on." I sang and he purposely danced awfully, which made me laugh while I sang.

[-:-]

As the song ended, Matt spun me around and we posed back-to-back.
I threw my arms up to add pizazz.

The Chorus kids erupted in cheers and applause.
Callie, Prudence, Molly, and Elizabeth chorused "GO CHRISSA AND MATT!"
Callie winked at me, I rolled my eyes but smiled.
A kid with big brown eyes and freckles named Jake and Callie's friend with Neon Green eyes and brown hair named Peter were clapping.
Keith, Nathan, and a kid with glasses and curly blond hair named Ryan were all whistling.
"Bravo! Brava!" Mrs. Hodge smiled.

Matt bowed, then grabbed my hand and nodded for me to bow, which I did.
"So, Chorus kiddies, do you think Matt and Chrissa should join our group?" Mrs. Hodge gleefully asked the chorus.
"YES YES YES!" They all yelled back in unison.
She smiled and turned to Matt and I
"Welcome to Chorus."

I jumped and hugged Matt, he caught me and spun me around.
The minute he put me down, was the minute that I realized what I had just done.

I sang a song with Matt and got into Chorus.

W O A H.

"But." Mrs. Hodge said as soon as the cheers died down.
"You will have to start tomorrow, because we are in the middle of an assignment and it wouldn't be fair to have you two have just ONE day to find a song, get it down, and perform it." Mrs. Hodge explained.

Matt and I nodded, I didn't care, as long as I was in Chorus, I was happy!

"So you know what this means?" Prudence asked.
"No, what?" Matt and I asked.
"Tomorrow is your Chorus Debut." Prudence beamed.
"Yeah, I guess it is." I smiled back.

I can't wait!
<3Chrissa

3 comments:

  1. I WAS SOO HAPPY TO SEE YOU THERE! AND shocked! lol! I would ahve enevr thought that you could sing that GOOD! You sing AWESOME! :)

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHRISSA+MATT= LOVE

    Ha,ha!

    Peace,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete