Friday, December 31, 2010

Super-Matt

I sighed, and sat down on the bed.
"You okay, Chrissa?" Sonali asked, looking concerned.

We are in Colorado at The Rockies Resort because the Chorus got booked to sing at one of Mrs. Hodge's friends' New Years Parties.

"No." I sighed.
"What's the matter?" She asked, sitting down next to me.
"Tonight's New Year's Eve!" I exclaimed.
"And?" She looked confused.
"People always say 'I Love You' on New Year's" I tried to make it obvious.

There was a few minutes of silence.

"OH! So you want Matt to tell you he loves you?" Sonali asked.
I nodded.
"Chrissy! Honey" She hugged me, "You can't make people love you! It takes time! Remember how long it took Prudence's boyfriend, Nathan, to tell her that he loved her?" Sonali asked.
"Yeah" I said.
"Well, maybe Matt's like that, if he does in fact, love you." She smiled.
"Oh, well I want him to love me." I muttered.
"You know I want him to love you back, right?" She asked.
"Of course! If you didn't, I'd have to kill you" I joked.

We laughed.


-4 Hours later-

"COSTUMES!" Mrs. Hodge called out, busting through the doors of the dressing room.

Everyone in the Chorus huddled around her.

She opened one bag over a whole clothes rack.

"Here's the girls' dresses" She smiled, getting out of the way to show us our dresses.

All of our eyes popped out.



"Wow! They're amazing!" Jessica smiled.
"Sonali and Mrs. Hudson have done it again" Callie smirked.

"And here are the boys'" Mrs. Hodge smiled.
"Tuxedos!" Nathan smiled.
"All fancy smancy" Matt joked, looking at me.


After we all got dressed and ready, Mrs. Hodge went on stage to introduce us.

"Well, Happy New Year everyone!" She smiled.
Everyone clapped.

"Well as you know, this party would have been NOTHING if not for Jenny. Let's all give a round of applause for her" Mrs. Hodge smiled.

After the round of applause, Mrs. Hodge started talking again.

"Well, I have been working at an amazing school for Talented Kids called AGPPA" She smiled. "I teach English there, but I also am the director of their Chorus or Glee Club. They are all amazingly talented, but I'll leave that all for you to find out" She smiled, then walked back stage.

The lights dimmed, and we all walked on stage.

We got into a square, with the people farthest from the crowd being
[Left to Right]
Ryan, Prudence, Tyler, Callie, and Keith.

The people in the middle being;
[Left to Right]
Chrissa, Peter, Lizzie, Matt, and Molly.

The people in the front;
Charity, Nathan, and Me.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!" Nathan yelled, then cued the band to play Elvis Presley's 'Burning Love.'

"Lord Almighty,
I feel my temperature rising" He waltzed to center stage and started singing while Charity and I spun from one side to another in opposite directions.

"Higher and higher
It's burning through to my soul" He raised his hands up and then put his hand to his heart.

"Girl girl girl girl
Your gonna set me on fire
My brain is flaming
I don't know which way to go" He walked one way and then the other one.

"Cuz Your kisses lift me higher" He crouched down, then went up.

Everyone stood on a ledge and harmonized.

"Like the sweet song of a choir" He pointed to us and spun around.

"You light my morning sky
With burning love" He went to Prudence, he grabbed her hand. She jumped down and he spun her around.

"I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love
I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love" He sang and Callie sang "Ahh!"

We all erupted into un-choreographed dance moves.

"I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love
I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love
I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love
I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love" Nathan danced around with Prudence and sang.

Then we finished the song.

Everyone started "Whooping" and clapping.

"One, Two, One, Two, Three, FOUR!" Callie counted down, then cued the band to start the intro to Taylor Swift's song, 'Superman.'

Remember when I said she was stalking me?
She is.

This song is TOTALLY about Matt and I.
I.KNOW.IT.


"Tall dark and superman
He puts papers in his briefcase and drives away
To save the world or go to work
It's the same thing to me" I shrugged while I sang.

"He's got his mothers eyes his father's ambition
I wonder if he knows how much that I miss him
And I know every word that you say, yay
You smile and say 'how are you?'
I say 'just fine'
I always forget to tell you, I love you, I love you ... forever" I sang, taking a long look at Matt. He was giggling and dancing around with Charity.

I felt a pang of jealousy rush through me.

"I watched superman fly away
You've got a busy day today
To save the world ill be around
I watched superman fly away
Come back ill be with you someday
Ill be right here on the ground
When you come back down" Everyone huddled around me and I spun around and sang, on another level, then I finished spinning and sang the last line in Matt's direction.

"Talk dark and beautiful
He's complicated he's irrational
But I hope someday you take me away and save the day, yeeeeahhh" I imagined flying around the world with Matt.

"Something in his deep browns eyes has me seein'
Hes not as bad like his reputation
and I can't hear one single word they said" I covered my ears with my hands.

"You leave, got places to be and I'll be old then
I always forget to tell you I love you I loved you from the very first day" I slapped my forehead then took the microphone off the stand and started dancing with all the girls.

The girls and guys split up and the girls did one move, the boys imitated it and then we merged.

"I watched superman fly away
You've got a busy day today
To save the world ill be around
I watched superman fly away
Come back ill be with you someday
Ill be right here on the ground
When you come back down" I sang, while Callie and Jessica spun past me.

Matt made his way by me, which caused my stomach to make friends with the butterflies.

"And I watch you fly around the world
And I hope you don't take some other girl
don't forget, don't forget about me
I'm far away but I'll never let you go
I'm lovestruck and looking out the window
Don't forget don't forget where ill be" He spun me around.

"Right here wishing the flowers were from you
Wishing the card was from you
Wishing the card was from you" Lizzie handed me a bouquet of roses and I took them, and motioned towards them while singing.

"Cuz I loved you from the very first day" I sang my heart out. Keith and Molly both jumped off the ledge and ran down to everyone in the crowd. We all got them up and dancing.

"I watched superman fly away
You've got a busy day today to save the world
Ill be around" We all chorused.

"forever and ever here" I soloed.

"I watched superman fly away" I made wings with my hands.
"I swear ill be with you someday" I crossed my heart.

"Ill be right here on the ground
When you come back down" I pointed to one part of the crowd, then moved my hand towards the other part.

Then we all harmonized. I did a cartwheel, Liz and Charity broke into a kick line, where everyone else joined in.

Everyone in the crowd was in a conga line.

The band was jamming out, Cindie was rocking on guitar and Ben was playing his heart out on the drums.

"When you come back down" I finished.

We all bowed, the crowd went nuts once again.

"Now, now, now" Mrs. Hodge said into the microphone.
"We would like, for the last number, to bring out our newest member. Everyone, meet Ms. Charity Eastman!" She beamed.

Charity's hazel eyes grew about 10 sizes larger.

Mrs. Hodge walked over and whispered something into Charity's ear, she nodded. Then Mrs. Hodge whispered the same thing into both Cindie and Ben's ears.

Then, Cindie started playing a slow guitar solo.

"Yeah, I'll Tell you something." Charity sang.

'I Want To Hold Your Hand?'
SLOW?

Oh NAW!

"I think you'll understand.
When I'll say that something,
I want to hold your hand.
I want to hold your hand.
I Want to hold your hand!" She sang. She had a very angelic voice.

"ONE, TWO, THREE!" She counted off, then the bouncy version began to play.

"Oh please, say to me
You'll let me be your man" Jake sang.

"And please, say to me
You'll let me hold your hand." Lizzie sang, appearing at his side.

"Now let me hold your hand,
I want to hold your hand." They harmonized, their voices went well together.

"And when I touch you I feel happy inside.
It's such a feeling that my love" Casey and Ryan sang together.

"I can't hide," Ryan sang, getting higher in pitch.
"I can't hide," Casey powerfully sang.
"I can't hide." They harmonized, reaching as high and as powerful as they could.

"Yeah, you've got that something," Keith pointed to Molly.
"I think you'll understand." Molly sang sweetly.
"When I'll say that something
I want to hold your hand," They both sang.

"I want to hold your hand,
I want to hold your hand." We all sang.

"And when I touch you I feel happy inside." Tyler smirked at Callie.
"It's such a feeling that my love" Callie returned the smirk and danced around him.

"I Can't hide!" Peter sang to Jessica.
"I can't hide" Jessica sang back.

"I can't hide!" Everyone sang, our voices sounded really powerful together.

"Yeah, you've got that something," Prudence sang.
"I think you'll understand." Nathan sang.

"When I'll feel that something" Matt sang, appearing at my side.
"I want to hold your hand," We both sang.

"I want to hold your hand," The whole chorus sang, then bent down to the floor, except Charity.

"I want to hold your hand." She sang and whipped her head side-to-side, causing her blond curls to fly around her face.

Then we all posed.

Everyone stood up and clapped.

We all bowed. Mrs. Hodge came out and bowed too, we all (in the chorus) clapped for her and screamed. I looked in the crowd, I saw Sonali wiping a tear off her cheek, all of my sisters were standing up and cheering and I saw Rebecca and Julie doing the same.

After that, someone came running in.
"ONE MINUTE 'TIL NEW YEARS!" They announced.

We all turned on the big screen TV to the New Year's Eve Ball Drop in New York City.

"10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4!" I counted down.

"I love you" Someone whispered in my ear.
I turned around and his lips crushed into mine.

"3! 2! 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone chorused.

I pulled away, and looked into Matt's eyes.
"I love you too! Oh my God, do I love you!" I jumped up and hugged him.

Everyone must have heard us because they started cheering.
"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHRISSA!" I heard Callie, Sonali, Prudence, and Lizzie chorus. Molly whistled.

I blushed insanely.
"You do that a lot don't you?" Matt asked.
"Oh shut up and kiss me" I joked and his lips returned to mine.


2011.Will.ROCK.

<3Chrissa

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!
    I'm SO HAPPY for you! Matt is FINALLY your boyfriend! I can not believe he said I LOVE YOU to you! It took FOREVER for Jeff to say that to me! You lucky duck! hehe all of you did REALLY good, ACTUALLY you did Fantastic! I'm just so happy hehehe as u can tell!

    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww :) You guys are ment for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG NEXT POST PLEAZZZZZZ! I AM EXCITED! DON'T LEAVE US HANGING CHRISSA!

    ♥Sophie♥

    PS http://awriterintheprocess.blogspot.com/
    http://kora-kit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete