Sunday, August 15, 2010

Get Back

"I CAN'T STAND YOU EITHER!" Julie screamed into her phone, then snapped it shut.
Sonali looked at me with a 'what's-up-with-Julie' look. I just shrugged, then walked over to her,
"Julie?" Sonali and I asked in unison
"Yeah?"
"What's wrong?" I questioned
"Nothing, nothing at all" she lied through her teeth.
"And now the truth?" I asked, I was becoming the therapist for my family, first Molly, now this.
"Okay, well.. That was Ivy, at the factory." She sighed
"What happened?"
"She thinks she's going to another family, that isn't us." Julie whispered.
"Why were you yelling?" I asked, still not getting the picture.
"She said she was glad she wasn't coming here."
Then I saw something I thought I'd never ever see in my life,
happy-go-lucky Julie Suzanne Albright was crying.
"Aw, Jules." I said, bringing her over to hug her.
"I wasn't ever a bad friend! I wasn't perfect, but I was nice." She sobbed into my shoulder.
"That means it wasn't you, it was her." I comforted her.
"I wish I could get back to the way things were before all of this!" She cried.
"I'm sorry, luv." I said, trying to comfort her.
"I'LL NEVER GET MY BEST FRIEND!" She screamed.
"What about Molly?" I asked.
"She's getting EMILY." Julie spat out the name 'Emily'
"What if Emily isn't the right Emily?" I replied.
"Like that will ever happen." Julie snapped. This wasn't like her.
With that, Julie ran up the stairs and to her room, but not before saying,
"I NEED TO GET BACK TO WHERE I BELONG."
She has gone into a serious funk.

-Chrissa

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh!!!! Good luck, Chrissa!!!

    Stay True,
    *~Molly~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Julie I have a sister who is Julie and our cosin is Ivy.

    ~Ruthie~

    ReplyDelete