Thursday, February 14, 2013

She Loves You

Wow, it feels good to blog again!

How are you all? I hope you're all doing fine because I've really missed all of you (even though I think a good chunk of you are gone, but to the ones who stayed - hi!)

I guess I should tell you where I've been these past, erm, years.

Well, you see, Molly (remember, my sister who is a huge international pop star?) went on a World Tour and took all of us sisters with her! We went everywhere - England, France, Japan, Russia, Brazil, you name it, we were probably there.

If you remember a post about us all going to a random cousin of Halle's - it was just made up, I wanted to have a happy ending to this blog. Sorry I lied!

Anywho, we're back at home with Halle (A.k.a Melanie, how many times am I going to have to clear this up?) and school is back up. (AGPPA!)

Which brings me to the story.

Valentine's day.

Two years ago, in 2011, I sang a song to Matt Riden (Does that name bring back memories?) in the lunch room because I was helplessly in love with him and hoping he'd love me back. That night, I opened a Valentine saying he loved me back, but it never really went anywhere.

Now, in 2013 - how about I just tell you?

This morning, I woke up eagerly anticipating this day, even deciding to curl my hair. Why not?

So, after that, I went out to the breakfast area and Callie just had to blurt out "Wow, Chris, looking good! Of course this doesn't have anything to do with Matt just getting his license and driving you to school every morning, right?"

Don't worry, Callie Monroe hasn't changed a bit over the two years.

"Come off it, Cals." Cindie nudged her best friend's arm with a knowing smile. She was standing up for me, but I knew she agreed with Callie.

"Here you go, lover girl. Some fresh pancakes." Marisol winked as she handed me pancakes shaped in a heart. So Marisol.

"Thanks, Mar." I smiled back before digging in.

While everyone was eating, Julia came down the stairs with her ukulele in hand.

"No, you're not bringing that thing to school." Becca's hazel eyes stared at the small instrument with disgust.

"Yes I am, princess. You can't stop me." The blonde rolled her eyes as she tuned it.

Before I could see the fight broke out, I got a call from Matt saying that he was in our driveway. While I was on the phone, everyone else who could hear started whooping and making kissy noises. I swear, they're still 12.

"Bye, everyone!" I said before rushing out the door and into Matt's car.

"Hey, Maxie." He was getting more English every day, I decided as he kissed me, sweetly. "Happy Valentine's day."

"Happy Valentine's day to you too, Matt." I smiled as we drove down the street.

I didn't want to flat out ask, but I was wondering what he was planning to do. I mean, we have been going out for almost two years now, but what if he didn't get me anything? It wouldn't matter, but of course, it would be nice. I mean, what is Valentine's Day without the flowers and the chocolates and the -

"Look in the back seat." He smiled, motioning towards the back when we stopped at a red light.

I did as he suggested and let out a huge "Awwwwwwwww!"

In the backseat, waiting for me, was a large pink stuffed dog holding a heart that said "Be Mine." I picked it up and cuddled with it for the rest of the ride to AGPPA.

"Thanks, Matt! He's adorable." I gushed. What a cute dog! He looked like a Carl, so I decided to name him that.

"Carl?" Matt asked when I explained this to him. "Isn't that a little, I don't know, creepy?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, arching an eyebrow in his direction.

"Well, when you think of a Carl you think of an old man and not a cute little dog." He laughed and I rolled my eyes and punched his arm, playfully.

"Hey! I'm driving!" He protested and I laughed, hard.

"Well, Carl told me to do it!"

At school, all of my sister gushed over Carl with me - he's literally the cutest thing I've ever seen (besides Matt and Paul McCartney, anyways!)

Lunchtime came around and Jess came in, toting a heart-shaped pizza she had made in her Foods class.

"YES!" Callie had decided earlier that her Valentine would be pizza, and her plan came true.

While we all dug in, the school band started setting up on stage.

"What's that all about?" Sonali asked, peering at the band. I shrugged, but when Matt came out, all eyes at our table went to me.

"Chrissa, do you know what your boyfriend is up to?" Molly asked, but before I could answer, the band began playing a song that sounded eerily like the Beatles' 'All You Need is Love.'

"There's nothing you can do that can't be done," OH MY GOD IT IS ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE OKAY CHRISSA, BREATHE, BREATHE.

"Nothing you can sing that can't be sung," Matt, who was on the stage, climbed down the steps and began walking in my direction. My hands got sweaty and I know I was the color of a tomato. I felt all of my sisters' eyes on me as I locked mine with my boyfriend.

"Nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game. It's easy." He winked at me, just causing me to blush even harder. Sonali nudged me and I turned to her before she motioned for me to get up and begin walking to him. I shook my head, knowing that if I got up, somehow I'd end up on the floor.

"Nothing you can make that can't be made," He was getting closer, his brown hair shining from the cafeteria lighting. How did I get so lucky?

"No one you can save that can't be saved." Once he finally reached me, he held out his hand. I took it while he sang the next line.

"Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time. It's easy." He and I began walking back to the stage.

"All you need is love!" Matt sang before my sisters vocalized the band's solo.

"All you need is love!" Elizabeth and Julie sang as we passed their table. Prudence winked at me, causing me to laugh.

"All you need is love, love," Matt turned to me once we reached the stairs and sang right into my eyes.

"LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED!" Callie screamed out, causing both Matt and I to laugh.

The guitar solo played while people got up and walked to their Valentine before confessing their love to them. I saw Wesley Simmons talking to Sonali and grinned a mega watt smile - she's liked that boy for about two months now. Good to know he liked her back.

I scanned the crowd and saw Prudence and Nathan cuddling, they've been on again off again but they're always precious together.

Then, I saw little Rita grab her best friend, Brett's hand. She was never one to beat around the bush, that's for sure.

Before I could look at anyone else, the guitar solo was over and Matt tapped me on the shoulder.

"All you need is love." Matt held out the microphone for me to sing, so I did, albeit shakily.

"All you need is love!" He repeated as he spun me around. I turned to face the band and Cindie waved to me, happily before continuing to conduct it.

"All you need is love, love!" Marisol, had somehow gotten a microphone and stood on the table while she sang.

"Love is all you need!" Callie yelled out again, before all of my sisters and friends began walking to the stage.

"Nothing you can know that isn't known." I sang, this time a little more confident.

"Nothing you can see that isn't shown." Matt replied as he slung an arm around my shoulder.

"Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be. It's easy." The microphone was in Sonali's hand now and she belted out her line like no other.

"All you need is love," The crowd sang.

"All you need is love!" We replied, brightly as the band played their bit in a flourish.

"All you need is love, love," Charity, who was swaying back in forth in the background, was brought to center stage and sang her line while Prudence danced with her.

"Love is all you need!" Molly crooned her line like the superstar she is, before throwing her microphone to Becca, her second in command.

"All you need is love!" Becca shot Molly a smile before singing.

"ALL TOGETHER NOW!" By then, I had a microphone of my own and began singing Paul's part.

"All you need is love,"

"Everybody!" I cheered, throwing my arms out like I was embracing the crowd.

"Love is all you need," Matt sang to Rita, Charity, Prudence, and Felicity.

"Love is all you need!" The three girls sang back.

"Love is all you need," Julia was strumming away with her ukulele as Felicity held the microphone so she could sing her line. I saw her wink at her boyfriend, George.

"Love is all you need!" Matt sang before coming over to me and boldly kissing me in front of the whole lunch.

I heard my sisters cheering before continuing the chant of 'Love is all you need.'

"Oh yeah!" I heard Sonali sing while Matt and I broke away and I giggled and rested my head in the crook of his neck.

"She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah!" My best friend began to sing, I know she was singing about me, which caused me to giggle harder. Just then, confetti began falling and I swear, it was like a scene in a movie.

"She loves Matt, yeah, yeah, yeah!" Of course, my sisters had to publicly harass me and began belting that out while he and I shared our secret smile.

"Love is all you need!" We all sang the last line before bowing.

They're right you know.

Love is all you need.

Happy Valentine's day!

- Chrissa

1 comment: