Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just Call Me

[Sorry I haven't been blogging lately, school's terrible & nothing eventful has really happened] [That is...until today.]

I was chomping on some Ramen Noodles, when my phone rang.

I looked at it, it was some weird number from Wisconsin.
I raised an eyebrow, did I know anyone in Wisconsin?

No.

Was I bored out of my mind and wanting to do something eventful?

You betcha.

I picked up the phone and acted like someone I wasn't.
"Hello?" I asked in the most annoying voice I could think of. It was all high and squeaky.
"Chrissa?" A firmiliar voice asked.

I paused, my eyes growing wide.

"Who is this?" I didn't loose the voice, it just sounded confused and a bit scared.
"Mikayla....." The voice trailed off.
"Excuse me, I'll go get Chrissa." I said in my annoying voice and covered the phone with my palm and screamed.

"HOLY CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP"
"Is everything alright?" Mikayla asked.

I could never tell the two ends of a phone apart from each other.

"Yeah, uhm. Mikayla?" I asked in my normal voice.
"Chrissa?" She asked, sounding like she couldn't believe her own ears.
"No, it's S-" I retorted my usual reply.
"Santa Claus." Mikayla finished.
"So it really is you?" I asked, twirling a strand of my hair with my finger.
"No, I'm a ghost. OF COURSE IT'S ME!" She exclaimed, sarcasm lacing every word.

Dang, we were so mean to each other.

"So, what brings you to call me?" I asked, changing the subject.
"I was just going through my purse, and I saw a picture of you, me, and Sonali." Mikayla sighed.
"How did you get my number?" I asked.
"Oh, my friend Rita, she lives with you now. She gave it to me." Mikayla stated.

Thanks Rita, just thanks.

"Oh, well. Why did you call?" I asked.
"Why did you answer?" She retorted.
"Because I was bored." I responded.
"Oh." Mikayla sighed.
"Yup." I said, flatly.

"CHRISSA!" Sonali yelled from her room.
"BE RIGHT THERE!" I yelled back, covering up the right part of the phone this time.

"Well, I have to go help Sonali with something. It was nice talking to you." I said.
"Oh, tell her I said 'Hello.'" Mikayla said.
"Will do. Bye." I said.
"See ya." Mikayla muttered, then hung up.

That was so...

awkward.

I remember when we could talk for hours on end, and now, we're like strangers.

Any advice?
<3Chrissa

3 comments:

  1. WOOOW! AWKWARDDDD!

    Hahaha. well Maybeeee you should just keep talking to Mikayla. Give it a chance. I think she seems a little shy since what happened between you two. But I might be wrong.

    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awkward... I ALWAYS have an awkward conversation with my BFF's after summer break, and I usually break the ice by talking about how psyched I am to see her again after SOOO long! Then, I just ask my friend questions about how she's doin', and other stupid questions, and eventually you can talk like normal!!! :D

    ~Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try touching base with her... share some funny stories and tell her what life has been like since you've been apart.

    ReplyDelete